Hello! Here I am! Posting on the 29th day of January to prove that I really did mean it when I said I’d post once a month! *cough*
And even though it seems a bit late to be posting goals for 2018 now that we’re a month in, it’s still January so whatever, I’m doing it.
Having received a thorough pounding to my hopes, dreams and ego in 2017, I’ve gone for slightly more…restrained 2018 goals. Here goes…
- Don’t. Give. Up.
- Try to do something that contributes towards my writing ambition every day, even if it’s tiny. Or, at least, most days. Or maybe weekdays…
- Submit to the Northern Writers Awards by 1st February (this one is ALREADY almost complete, given that I – thankfully – made no specifications as to quality or finesse of said submission).
- Submit to The Bath Children’s Novel Award and the Times/Chicken House Children’s Fiction Competition later in the year.
- Keep an eye out for other opportunities to apply for.
- Make time for writing.
- Try to be less angry / jealous / frustrated / saddened by the current absence of success.
- Don’t rush so much – the publishing industry isn’t going anywhere, they’ll still be rejecting people in a year or two’s time.
- Read more.
- Finish at least the first draft of a new story. (ALREADY 6000 WORDS IN BOYS.)
So let’s see.